Thursday, May 24, 2012

Objectivity

Why is it that sometimes I think I can objectively support a point using a personal example, when in all actuality, I can't separate emotions from rationality enough to argue my point?

How long does it take after someone dies before you can talk about it out loud again? (I think I've moved on alright, I really do. I just can't seem to actually say it out loud, straight forward, without skirting around it and saying something like "the time I sang that S McL piece" instead of "when T died." Which is silly, because really, I'm totally fine, and I've come to terms with T, and T's death, and myself. So, why is it that I can't use anything I've learned from that experience as objective fact? I am so frustrated with myself!)

In any case, I cried at school today at a meeting that supposed to be not about me at all, but I accidentally made it about me when I tried using this thing about T as an example supporting my argument... but I never got to deliver the argument because I wimped out because I started crying and got all embarrassed.

This sucks.

But on a brighter note, the meeting went well, as a whole! Next time I will remember to leave all personal examples out of the conversation. Clearly, they are not so helpful at this point in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment