Saturday, May 5, 2012

Another strange dream

Since I shared one of my strange dreams, I thought I would share another one, here.

Last Wednesday night, I had an odd nightmare. I believe I was in fifth grade, so that would mean I was probably about nine or ten years old. I was at some sort of camp, but it wasn't summer, and it wasn't winter, either. It reminded me of a place where we took a grade five trip, once. It was a sort of leadership camp. I remember it being a strange combination of that leadership camp and this other camp that we go to for our music retreats in high school and the basement of the music department building at Dalhousie University. A bunch of stuff happened that I can't really remember, but I know that the dream ended with me in a wooden cabin of sorts. It wasn't the basement of the Dalhousie music building. I was playing an upright black piano. Probably a Petrof, like the one we have at school where I have my lessons. And then I stopped playing. There was an oil lamp attached to the wall. I don't remember if my friends lit it up, or if I did, but for some reason or another I somehow managed to set the building on fire, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I tried. I swear, I tried, but the fire spread so quickly. I remember trying to get out, but struggling. My friends were in there too, I think. I'm not sure if they got out alright.

I think I woke up before I managed to get out. I think I remember seeing a gravely road ahead of me, with fire along the curbs, but I don't think I ever managed to make it out of the cabin into the road. I'm not sure.

What a strange dream. I didn't like it. I woke up feeling an awful lot like the opposite of a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment